The Barrel As A Wood Water Fountain
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wood Fountains and other Fountains topics.
What’s a simple idea for a wood water fountain?
One version of the wood water fountain that can help create a rustic look in your garden is the barrel. It's an attractive water fountain you can create with just a few simple materials. Here's how.
What you'll need:
- Wood barrel
- Pea Gravel
- Plant containers
- Aquatic potting mix
What you'll need to do:
- First raise the level within the barrel with a shelf, as few aquatic plants can survive in water over three feet deep.
- Top off the base with gravel to create a level surface. The gravel also allows you to arrange the plants more easily while giving your wood water fountain an attractive appearance.
- Marginal plants, like parrot feather and hornwort, can populate the edge. Put them in aquatic potting mix into baskets raised on bricks.
- A water lily can grow in a container filled with potting mix in the deeper part of the barrel.
- Fill the barrel with water to just a few inches from the top edge.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.