Create Your Own Self-Contained Tabletop Fountain
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Tabletop Fountains and other Fountains topics.
Can you suggest a do it yourself tabletop fountain that’s simple enough to make?
If you want to avoid spending the high price tag of buying a high-end tabletop fountain, you can make your own. One version of the tabletop fountain is a self-contained piece that'll provide an instant tranquil lift to your décor. This do-it-yourself version will cost you a quarter of the amount you'll spend on a store-bought version.
What You'll Need:
- Pump with water flow control
- Watertight Bowl
- Tupperware container
- Pre-cut PVC pipe
- Plastic embroidery grid
- Window screen
- Assortment of marbles and rocks
- Copper elbow
- Chlorinated water
What you'll need to do:
- Cut out access on the side of the Tupperware container for cord access and on the top for water intake.
- Place the pump at the bottom of your bowl and put the Tupperware container over it for protection.
- Add tubing to the pump outlet.
- Surround the Tupperware container with the PVC pieces.
- Cut the embroidery grid to fit the bowl and place it on top of the PVC pieces.
- Next, size the window screen and place it on top of the embroidery grid.
- Make sure your pump tubing extends through the top of the screen.
- Place your marbles and rocks on top of the window screen.
- Attach the copper elbow to the tubing to direct the water flow.
- Conceal the tip of the elbow with rocks.
- Fill the bowl with water, plug in the pump and you're ready to go.