Your How-To Guide To Create A Backyard Fountain
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Backyard & Patio Fountains and other Fountains topics.
How do I build my own backyard fountain?
If you're thinking about building a backyard fountain, it's a straightforward process if you just take it step-by-step. Here's how to tackle a basic backyard fountain.
- Make sure you're dealing with a clean work area first.
- Mark the outline of the pond on the floor.
- Lay a five row high layer of bricks lengthwise at the perimeter.
- Place a pond under-liner in the center of the pond.
- On top, add a 45 ml thick pond liner that's safe for fish if you're planning to add them.
- Add a second layer of bricks inside the pond to stabilize the wall and weigh down the liners.
- Trim the excess liner at the edge of the pond.
- Add an additional layer of bricks perpendicular to the existing rows for a nice edge finish.
- Build a pedestal of bricks and add your statue.
- Fill the pond up with water. Place a submersible pump inside behind the pedestal. Turn the pump on and your backyard fountain is complete.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.