Patio Fountains Add Flair to City Living
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Backyard & Patio Fountains and other Fountains topics.
Living in the city often means personal outdoor space is limited to a patio or balcony. Take heart. Use the tips from a city girl to turn even a small patio or balcony into a serene city sanctuary:
- Start with a plan. Measure available floor and wall space and diagram it to scale on graph or plain paper. Patio water fountains come in an array of sizes and styles from free-standing fountains to table-top fountains. Wall-mounted fountains are also an answer to limited floor space. Study patio fountain how to and decide which project is within your range.
- Choose a theme. It's easy to match a patio water fountain to your decorating theme. Transform your patio or balcony into a Zen retreat, an English garden or tropical paradise.
- Decide on a focal point and build around it. For instance, a patio fountain makes a perfect centerpiece and the delightful sound of falling water mutes the noise of city traffic.
- Shop for furniture that makes the most of seating space surrounding the focal point. A small table and chairs is ideal for alfresco fountain-side dining.
- Add depth and interest with lush plants in interesting pots and hanging baskets.
- Escape the glare of bright sunlight with an umbrella, awning or shades. A sturdy folding screen also ensures privacy and protection on windy days.
- Don't forget lighting. A lighted water fountain, luminaries, lanterns and candles make nights magical.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.