Fountain Installation Begins with Planning
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Installing a Fountain and other Fountains topics.
An amazing range of fountain types, sizes, styles and materials make it easy to find the best fountain for virtually any location inside a home, on porches, patios, balconies, decks and outdoor gardens. Along with diversity, come different space and installation requirements. It pays to plan ahead before choosing an ready-made or custom fountain. Here are some how to install a water fountain preplanning factors to consider:
- Purchase books on fountains or visit SerenityHealth.com and study the myriad of choices.
- Measure the space where the water fountain will be located. Diagram it several times on sheets of graph paper and experiment with placing different types and size fountains on the grid.
- Establish a budget for the fountain purchase and additional installation expenses.
- For outdoor fountains, study the terrain to determine whether an in ground or above ground fountain is best.
- If installing a garden pond fountain, consider the pros and cons of adding plants and fish. Learn about sunlight requirements and consider seasonal temperature changes.
- Give some thought to how to ensure the safety of children and pets around the fountain.
- Research different options for powering the fountain. Will you need outdoor electrical outlet or an interior outlet at eye-level for a wall mounted fountain? Is there adequate sunlight for a solar-powered fountain?
- Before digging, check the location of phone, cable, electric and gas utility lines.