Indoor Wall Fountains - Maintenance 101
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wall Mounted Fountains and other Fountains topics.
How do I care for my wall fountain?
If you're expecting a complicated book on wall fountain maintenance you'll be pleasantly surprised to learn there isn't much to it. Indoor wall fountains purchased at Serenity Health online are all very easy to maintain and will last for years in your home. Just follow these easy steps to keep your wall fountain looking fresh, new, and working properly for years to come:
- Make sure to order the accessories suggested for your wall fountain. Before placing your order online, you'll notice a checklist of items on the right-hand side of the web page. These items include algae remover, lime scale prevention and removal, and even cleaning kits.
- If you purchase a copper wall fountain (or any type of copper fountain) look to see if it has a copper patina finish. Although purchasing a copper cleaner might seem like a great idea, it will quickly wear away the copper finish, leaving your fountain susceptible to early discoloration.
- Wall water fountains should be cleaned just as regularly as a desktop fountain. Use a soft sponge to wipe away any algae or scale.
- Run your wall fountain with a pump suitable for the amount of water pressure and size of the fountain.
- Never use a wall fountain designed only for indoor use outside.
The general rule of thumb is to empty and clean your indoor fountain every three months to keep the water clean and the fountain fresh and in good working condition. Simply wipe it down with a soft cloth, use a good quality furniture polish for copper fountains (not copper cleaner!) and enjoy your fountain!