The Miniature Wood Water Garden
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wood Fountains and other Fountains topics.
What wood fountain would work well in a small space?
For a water oasis that works in a limited space, create your own miniature wood water garden. A miniature wood water garden works well in any area with lots of sunlight to nourish the plant life. Here's what you need to do.
- Create a wood box about 36” x 18” in size. The box should be about 10” deep.
- Paint the exterior and finish off the top edge of the box with wood moldings.
- Waterproof the box with liner. You can attach it with a staple gun.
- On one side of the box, insert a square waterproof container which will house the pump.
- Fill the wood box around the square container with aquatic planting mix.
- Insert plants like Queen Victoria, Flore Pleno and Iris into the aquatic planting mix.
- Fill the waterproof container with water and place the submersible pump inside.
- Plug the pump in and your miniature wood water garden is complete.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.