Outdoor Water Features Safety
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Garden Fountains and other Fountains topics.
Should I be concerned about safety around garden pools?
Outdoor water features should be a haven for everyone who comes to visit. Although outdoor water features aren't hazardous, there are some safety considerations to keep in mind if you're having one built so you can enjoy your water feature without any worries.
- Children are at the most risk around an outdoor water feature. In order to keep your water feature a safe place, keep watch over them at all times. You can also add features like a rock wall around the edge and add wide, shallow plants to discourage venturing near the water's edge.
- Maintain safety by keeping electrical controls hidden away. You should make sure all outlets have a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) to prevent electrocution.
- Have the surface edges around your outdoor water feature designed with a non-slip material. Rock surfaces should have some roughness to them to prevent slippage.
- Outdoor water features with deep floors should have some sort of fencing around it to prevent accidental falls.
- Have an inside ledge designed into outdoor water features to give easy access out to someone who does fall in. Marginal plants would require a ledge in outdoor water features regardless of safety considerations.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.