Do's and Don'ts of Landscaping Water Features
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Landscaping Water Features and other Fountains topics.
When landscaping water features, there are some do's and don'ts to consider:
- Think ahead. Create a plan before you start. Failure to plan results in lack of balance and visual appeal.
- Choose a central theme and stick to it.
- Use color to enhance and tie garden elements together.
- Shop wisely. Research pros and cons of water features and fountain accessories, including care and maintenance requirements. Compare quality and price before purchasing water features and fountain accessories.
- Make sure you have the expertise to install and care for water features and landscaping water accessories.
- Attempt to install electrical connections if not experienced. If in doubt, hire an expert.
- Mix formal and informal landscape elements and accessories. A rustic barrel fountain does not complement a formal entry courtyard and an elegant Old World statuary fountain looks out of place in a laid-back country or decided modern setting.
- Overdo water fountain accessories or use too many different, unrelated colors. Less is often more when it comes to creating a relaxing outdoor retreat. Too much even of good things creates unsettling clutter.
- Cut corners on quality. Poor quality almost always results in added time, effort and expense in the future.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.