Submersing Wood Water Fountains
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wood Fountains and other Fountains topics.
How do I create a sunken fountain?
Submersing wood water fountains is one way to take a rustic water feature and have it compliment the landscape, rather than become a central piece among the landscape. In order to create these subtle wood water fountains, you can start with a half barrel.
What you'll need:
- Half barrel
- Pool liner
- Wood preservative
- Aquatic planter
- Aquatic potting mix
What you'll need to do:
- Provide a waterproof seal for the half barrel with the pool liner.
- Paint the outside of the barrel with a wood preservative to prolong its lifespan.
- Dig a hole allowing the barrel to protrude 4” above ground level.
- Put a water lily into an aquatic planter with the potting mix and use it as a centerpiece.
- Create small bags out of pantyhose to house marginal plants such as Iris. Raise them to the desired water depth using bricks.
- Add Calypso outside of the barrel for a dash of color.